This article will outline the procedure for creating and restoring backups for your Virtual Private Server (VPS). Please note that this product is longer available; if you’re looking for a virtual data solution for your business, please call us on 1300 378 638 to enquire about iiNet Business Cloud Service.
Please make sure you have purchased the Backups add-on for your VPS before attempting to make a backup.
Creating a Backup
- Log in to the Hosting Control Panel and select the VPS subscription you wish to backup using the drop-down menu at the top right of the screen.
- Select the VPS Management tab and then Manual backups. Click on Add New Backup.
- Enter a name for the backup, select whether to perform a Full backup or Base/Incremental, and then click Next.
Base & Incremental backups will allow you to only backup changes since your last Base/Incremental backup.
- Review the details of the backup and then click Finish.
- You will see your new backup being created. Click the Refresh link at the top to see whether the backup has finished.
Restoring a Backup
To restore a backup, simply click on the backup name and then click Restore.
You will see the status of the backup change to Restoring. Click the Refresh link at the top to see if it has finished restoring.